The ultimate augmented reality mobile game Pokemon GO is celebrating its fourth anniversary with the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 that will start this July, but before the celebration, players will have to go through three weeks of themed challenges.
(Photo : Pokemon Go/Facebook)
The themed weekly challenges have officially started.
Pokemon GO Fest Skill Challenge Week
According to GameRant, the first week of challenges known as the GO Fest Skill Challenge started on Friday, July 3, at 8:00 a.m. and will last until Wednesday next week, July 8, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Based on the news outlet, Pokemon GO players will have to unite during this time to complete three different tasks based on their skills for the Skill Timed Research.
Pokemon GO Hub has added the Skill Time Research tasks that include three stages and an Elite Challenge, which they could only unlock after completing all three stages.
Each stage has a set of various tasks and rewards, including the following:
- Catch 20 Pokemon – 100 Stardust
- Use 5 Berries to catch a Pokemon – 5 Pinap Berries
- Make 5 Nice throws – 10 Poke Balls
Rewards for this stage: 1 Golden Razz Berry, 100 XP, 10 Great Balls
- Catch 30 Pokemon – 300 Stardust
- Transfer 20 Pokemon – 20 Pokeballs
- Make 10 Great throws – 10 Great Balls
Rewards: 1 Silver Pinap Berry, 300 XP, Ducklett
- Catch 50 Pokemon – 1000 Stardust
- Catch 15 different species of Pokemon – 20 Great Balls
- Make an Excellent throw – 10 Ultra Balls
Rewards: 1 Star Piece, 1 Rare Candy, Flying Pikachu (could be a Shiny one)
- Catch 100 Pokemon – 5 Pokeballs
- Make 50 Excellent throws – 5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 25 different species of Pokemon – 5 Great Balls
Completion reward: 5 Razz Berries, 500 XP, 500 Stardust
Completing the Tasks
Once players follow the Timed Research and fulfill them all, they could add a bonus Pokemon for the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 besides the rewards that are offered by completing each of the Time Research tasks.
Certain types of Pokemon will also appear during the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 if one million players from each team complete the Time Research.
The following Pokemon could spawn more often during the Fest:
- Team Valor – Chansey
- Team Instinct – Chimeco
- Team Mystic – Alomomola
Themed Field Research Tasks
Meanwhile, the following are this week’s Themed Field Research tasks along with the rewards:
- Catch 4 Flying-type Pokemon – 500 Stardust
- Catch 6 Flying-type Pokemon – 800 Stardust
- Catch 8 Flying-type Pokemon – 1200 Stardust
- Hatch an egg – Swablu encounter
- Send a gift to a friend – Hoppip encounter
- Use 4 Berries to help catch a Pokemon – Pidgey or Pidove encounter
- Catch 2 Pokemon with the Weather Boost – Murkrow or Natu encounter
This week, Pokemon GO players will also have the chance to capture their own Flying Pikachu, which data miners were able to leak yesterday, June 2, showing the adorable Pikachu strapped to several balloons.
(Photo : Pokemon Go/Facebook)
Fans have chosen Gastly for this month’s Community Day.
Fans are excited as the design followed the original design of the Pokemon Trading Card Game.
Meanwhile, GamesRadar reported that fans had chosen Gastly as the Pokemon for July’s Community Day, although it did come in second after Weedle, the Pokemon already had its own Community Day.
ⓒ 2018 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.